Monday, May 11, 2009

~Overdue Update~

* January... what a relaxing month... The kids had a blast in all the snow. Playing with friends, skiing, riding snow mobiles... they had some fun. Basketball started and both girls had some fun. Joey had a birthday party that was a ton of fun. I got my ya-ya tattoo and had such a fun night with my ya-ya's. I just love those ladies~ Superbowl party was a blast~

* February... it was a hard month for me & family. My Grandma Simons passed away and Glori and I flew back home for the funeral. Grandma and Grandpa Simons will be missed in so many ways. I think of them often and miss them a ton. I'm so glad my girls had the opportunities to spend time with them and make memories!! This was also the month I got HOOKED on Twilight~ I read all 4 books in 7 days. I just LOVE them!!! Glori was in a play & we got back results that Hailey's EEG looks good. Nothing wrong with her and her passing out is somehow related to certain types of pain. She has broken a toe and not passed out. She has had scrapes and falls and not passed out. It is just a certain sharp pain... and down she goes. It is quite scary when it happens.

* March... ugh.... what a month... softball begins... well rather the preperation for softball begins. Our phone rings off the hook, Joey is always on the computer, and dinner time as a family is nonexistant. Joey also starts coaching high school girls softball. Hailey starts running track and getting in shape for track season!!!

*April... yeah spring break~ The girls get some time off school and I get a couple days with no kids. We did some hanging out and fun with just us. A lot of movies and fun times. Joey and I celebrated our 12 year wedding anniversary. We had a fabulous time. We went to a Blue October concert and that was a blast!! We ate at a fabulous restaurant called PF Changs, and also stayed at a fancy hotel downtown called the Davenport. It was beyond fabulous and we had such a great time!!! We also had a really fun party for our friends birthday. It was a themed party called Pimps and Ho's... sadly none of the pics can be posted. (hahaha) I threw out my back trying to move some furniture. Goodness that was horrible!! It burned and pulled and kept spasming. Went to the ER and thought I was going to be good after that, only he didn't give me any muscle relaxers. I wasn't getting any better and trying to do daycare was... well not too fun. Joey made a lot of meals ahead of time for me and helped when he could. Went to the doc on base... he gave me a muscle relaxer and finally I got some relief. A couple of days on those and I was doing so much better. Now I'm back to full swing, and doing exercises to build those muscles back up again. Started puppy classes with Penny Pie. Goodness that dog. She is a handfull. However she is pretty good at class despite a Gernam Shepard that wants to eat her.

* May... we are full swing in softball and track now. Hailey is doing so great in track. It is harder than she thought it was going to be and she isn't getting quite as much excitement out of it as she thought. So far she has gotten 1 first place and 2 second places in the 400 meter. It is her favorite run, but it is also one she has to work at VERY hard. Joey has been run ragged with working mid shift, not getting much sleep, two softball teams to coach, and finding time to see us now and then. It finally caught up with him and he was down out and for almost a week. He got a flu bug and kept him in bed for days. He has never been this sick before, but he sure caught it bad. He went back to the doc to find out he also had strep throat. I think the rest and down time did him some good physically, and he is feeling much bettern now. Had a fun Mother's Day with the girls. We went shopping and got manicures, had a great dinner with friends & moms, then had breakfast in bed made by the girls Sunday morning. They made poster boards and a scavenger hunt to find my gifts they made. They are great girls with such good kind hearts!!

* June... we have some fun stuff coming up in June. I think the girls are planning something fun for Father's day for Joey and we also have both girls birthdays. Hailey we are having a GROSS fear factor birthday. It is going to be tons of fun and really gross out her friends. Glori wants to have a dance party and a game party. Playing games all night and dancing in the other room too. School will end and summer begins. I can't wait for the warm sunshine. It still hides from us more than we see it.

Well that is us all caught up~ I have been running running it seems non stop... but then once I sit to figure out what I've been doing... it hasn't been much. Work, softball, track, Penny's puppy class, and weekends with friends.

No comments: