Tuesday, January 19, 2010

PAINTING PARTY~















I can not even express the gratitude I feel for my friends who surrounded me this weekend with love, support, kindness and friendship!! Making my house my own has been a very difficult step for me, and I have so many wonderful people in my life supporting me along the way. I felt like something needed to change in my home physically because everything around me reminded me of Joey and everything I am losing. So a friend suggested I paint my bedroom and make it my own and then maybe I'll want to sleep in there again. So I hosted a painting party and had friends here all day long. Some friends just stopped by to give a coffee and a hug and others hung out all day long painting and cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. The one thing I just gave up on these last 7 months is cleaning and you could really tell it in my house. I can't believe all the work everyone did from scrubbing toilets to washing baseboards to rearranging furniture vacuuming bringing food painting and numerous hugs when I needed them. It was a fabulous day, but as each layer of paint went up and each time the room looked more and more like mine... I was sad because it was looking less and less like OURS. In no way do I want this to be happening to my family, but after 7 months it is time I start dealing with it. It was a very good step forward for me and I thank everyone who pitched in, who supported me, and who has been there for me and continues to do so. Here are the pics ... I hope I get them in the right order of before and after....

No comments: