Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas~

Merry Christmas to all our family and friends near and far~ We are having a cold, but NOT white Christmas this year. Seems the midwest and south have gotten all our snow!! I heard today I-44 was closed from Joplin Mo to Tulsa Ok. Holy Cow!!! The girls are looking forward to tomorrow!! Glori still decorates cookies and writes a letter to Santa... even though she knows. She is a crazy kid!! Hailey has had numerous sleep overs and staying up til all hours of the night, so she finally crashed tonight and went to bed early. Both girls are doing just great!! Hailey is only a hair shorter than me now. She is so tall and slender and just beautiful... some say she looks just like me... well... what can I say... SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!! lol~ She is having a lot of fun in 8th grade. Can you believe she is in 8th grade??? The days and weeks and years just keep on flying by. So far she is doing great in school. She does have a slight problem talking in class... and even got kicked out of class for talking. OUCH!! That earned her a week of mom chores.... mom chores are.... whatever I say... you do it!! The girls don't like mom chores very much!! (haha) This next semester Hailey is the office aid. She'll be updating the calendar for the teachers and putting in daily assignments so parents and kids can go online if they have forgotten what was assigned each day. Also so parents can double check when the kid says... no ... I have no homework today. (hee hee hee) Hailey just finished playing volleyball. Man would I really love to go to practice with her and help her with some things. She was much improved from last year and made the varsity team. (Up here they have a 7th and 8th grade varsity... WEIRD) She'll play basketball next, but has this little break which she is glad for!! She has been having a lot of sleep overs recently and really enjoying time with her friends. I'm not sure how much she likes me when all her friends are here. I tend to give her a hard time... ya know... let Penny Pie loose to go wake them up.... start dancing in the kitchen when they are all around... scream... make good choices as they start walking down the street!! LOL~ I love to give her a hard time.
Glori girl is growing just as fast. Her new shoes she has.... well first I'll tell you the size... 7.5 in WOMEN'S. Holy cow the girl just keeps on growing. She does have her dad's feet so we have to buy a half size bigger for the wolf claws. (hahahhaha) This Glori girl just has a style all her own. The shoes she is wearing non stop now are a pair of black Converse.... that go all the way up to her knees. She wears a million bracelets on one arm... and her backpack has the biggest rip ever in it, but she keeps on using it!!! A friend of hers bought her a BOP magazine and she cut every page out of it and hung them on her walls. Her room is non stop New Moon and Twilight posters!! Another friend got her a life size cut out of Edward, Bella, and my boy Jacob. She flipped out!! She just loves it!! But soooo like my Glori girl instead of jumping up and down and screaming like Hailey would have done when excited... Glori turns to Hailey and says.... Jealous much???? lol~ Glori is doing good in school. Her eyes are giving her some trouble so I think it is time for another visit to the eye doctor. She left her glasses at school over winter break, so she sits a foot from the TV. I remember doing that as a kid... but that is when the TV's were big units themselves and sat right on the floor. AAHHH the good ole days!! Last week wasn't a very good week for me. Seems everyday it was something new going wrong. Last year we had some pipes freeze and this year the same ones froze. It was like that for 3 days before finally we got them thawed out. We ended up having to cut a hole in Hailey's bedroom ceiling to find the pipe. It was freezing right where the copper pipe meets the pex pipe. So we wrapped the pipe... added 2 extra layers of insulation and haven't had a problem since. Then we get the biggest snow of the year... which wasn't a whole lot compared to last year. It was the first time I was going to be able to use the snowblower.... and I forgot to buy gas!! GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!! I was out shoveling the driveway for my daycare parents and my neighbor was too. I told her I would slow blow the side walk just as soon as I got some gas. Couple hours later... a knock on the door... she brought me some gas!! AAAWWEEE!! Very sweet!! So I got to use my snowblower and let me tell you.... It ROCKS!!! I was spittin snow all over the place. I had my 3 car driveway, my sidewalk and around the block and my neighbors sidewalk done in 20 minutes. It was fun!!! Well then after snow blowing I had to get going to Hailey's volleyball game. I opened the garage door... but it didn't open all the way. So I backed right into it. Didn't do any damage to my truck, but I couldn't get the door to go down. It wasn't dented, wasn't broken... could not figure it out. Then just realized one roller had come off the track. It was a sight watching me and Glori fix this thing. I'd yell push the button.. now stop.. push it again... now stop.... again.... STOP!!! Until finally I got the roller in the perfect stop to go right back on the track. It was comical!!! I'm just glad that week is over!! I'm on two weeks vacation and enjoying every minute of it. The girls are having sleep overs and I'm sleeping in and doing NOTHING!!! Next week I have to get to work though. Get some stuff done around the house I've been wanting to get to.
Well I guess I better head off to bed so SANTA can get here and drop off all our goodies!!! I'm hoping for free maid service til infinity and a goose that lays gold coins!!! hee hee hee~ I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday!!! Surround yourself with friends and family... enjoy the time together we rarely get.... spoil your kids with love NOT gifts..... open your heart to those who need it.... Be thankful for the good in your life & work through the bad with a sincere heart!! Happy Holidays to all ~


No comments: