Monday, May 3, 2010

My Mom~

My mother was a fabulous mom~ I know I could count on her for absolutely anything including drive me crazy as a teenager~ My parents made so many sacrifices for me growing up. All just so I could do the things I wanted to in life. I'll never forget the first and only slap she gave me... and it was over a boy~ I remember her little bitty self driving that huge blue dooley.. and at the age of 14 she let me drive... and of course... we got pulled over. I remember her screaming at a huge black snake she found in the bathroom. My dad was hollering at her to load the gun and she jumped on the bed!!! I was able to get in the house to get the gun loaded and now there is a bullet hole in the floor of the bathroom. One of my most distinct moments was when we had my step brother and family living with us... they had 4 kids all young. My mom would constantly tell Colt.... now Colt Tanner you better be good or Grandma's going to get her wooden spoon. She'd give him a swat for being bad and tell him how to be a good boy next time. At her funeral their family had a boquet of wooden spoons made up as their flower arrangement. That story tells a lot about my mom. You loved her even when she had to be tough and loved her more for it that she was~ I have been a live more years without her than with her now. But the time I had with her was the best of my life. There is NO better smell in my life... than cigarettes and aqua net. She'd be smoking away every morning doing her hair and make up in the bathroom and spraying aqua net to keep her hair in place. I love her and miss her dearly, and I really love I can catch glimpses of her in my girls now and then!!

No comments: